THE MAKATI GARDEN CLUB!
The Original Board Members of the Makati Garden Club. At the centre, fifth from left, in yellow, is Maria Luisa Perez-Rubio, and next to her in red is Belen King, two of the original founders of the Makati Garden Club.
Makati Garden Club is one of the last bastions of an open space in the midst of traffic and pollution. Yet there is a vibrancy as one enters the gardens, that emotes a feeling that you "are in the country" – a secret garden amidst a jungle of concrete edifices. We have a café for members, that has brought new life to MGC in many ways. Many villagers have discovered this hideaway place -- a cozy, charming, garden atmosphere. Makati City Hall has been, and continues to be, very supportive of MGC. They believe that Makati Garden Club has been an institution for the last fifty years and has positively impacted the Makati community with its numerous programs and charities. Ayala Land, who has generously leased the land to our Club, has been equally supportive. We have turned MGC to its original roots of being a "Garden Center". We are into the nursery business. Aside from plants, ornamentals, herbs and the like, we also sell garden soil, fertilizers, organic chemicals, garden accessories. We operate a flower shop and sell the most reasonably priced flowers in town. We go by six principles:
- to be a "WOW" garden center in the middle of Makati for the purpose of serving Makati residents and friends for their horticulture endeavors,
- to hold educational activities and programs to assist people to have a greater appreciation of our native flora and fauna,
- enhance our charities and other volunteer work in the greening of Makati,
- to provide speakers with a venue to broadcast to the public a pathway to truly maintain sustainable growth with balanced approaches to include plants, trees, shrubs etc,
- fund deserving students to pursue training and education in horticulture and related educational fields,
- most importantly, to be the lead disseminator in the greening of Makati by 2020.
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Join us in preserving the last few open spaces in the City of Makati.
Be an Active Member.
Give back and support the community .